Need Advice

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

Need Advice

Postby Chick89 » January 28th, 2018, 3:23 pm

My boyfriend was pulled over on Australia Day morning and blew a .0111, he’s on a P1 license and is 21.
He has lost his Learner license in the past for multiple offences and has only had his license back for about a year.
I don’t know what this means for him? I am aware of fines and possible jail time, I would really like to know if there is anything we can do to try and lower the scentencing, he works and helps look after his mother who is quite sick with cancer.
He has been to AA in the past and would be attending the meeting weekly, do you think this is something that could help his defence?
What other suggestions would you make to help?
We are in NSW.

I’m scared he will be going to jail so I’m desperate.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Posts: 1
Joined: January 28th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Re: Need Advice

Postby Monique Welch » February 1st, 2018, 2:46 pm

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your enquiry.

As I’m sure you know, the legal alcohol limit for provisional only licence holders is zero.

Depending on the circumstances of the offence itself and your boyfriends record, then full time imprisonment may be a real risk.

AA is an excellent place to start. I would also suggest your boyfriend do the Traffic Offender Program at a minimum.

I would also suggest very strongly compiling as well as character evidence, some medical records and evidence about his mother’s health, her conditions and what it is that your boyfriend does to assist his mother, and perhaps why it is only him that can care for her.

If you or your boyfriend would like to have a chat about the matter, please do not hesitate to contact me on (02) 9261 4555.

Yours faithfully,
Monique Welch | Criminal Law – New Client Enquiry Solicitor
Monique Welch | Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 35, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Monique Welch
Posts: 1
Joined: February 1st, 2018, 2:09 pm

Return to Ask A Lawyer

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users