2nd offence - how can I get my license back? (Vic)

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

2nd offence - how can I get my license back? (Vic)

Postby Melissa B Macleod » November 10th, 2011, 1:34 pm

I just lost my license for drink driving. My bac was 0.14%, it was my 2nd offence and so ended up losing it for 28 months. I was told I need to apply to a Judge to get it back? I have seen some information on-line about what steps to take, but am a little confused, what do i need to do?
Melissa B Macleod
Posts: 1
Joined: November 10th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Re: 2nd offence - how can I get my license back? (Vic)

Postby Heidelberg Lawyer » November 10th, 2011, 1:37 pm

You will need to lodge an application to be relicensed by a Magistrate. The fee for lodging your application is approximately $80. You will need to complete a driver education course, and in the 28 days prior to your hearing (for license restoration) you will need to complete a drink driving assessment. Also be aware that prior to making your application you will be contacted by police for an interview. As your reading is 0.14 you must have an interlock fitted to your car for a period of 12 months.
Heidelberg Lawyer
Posts: 6
Joined: October 26th, 2011, 1:11 pm

Return to Ask A Lawyer

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users