Drink driving nsw

Latest drink driving news from NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT, TAS, SA, WA & NT

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

Drink driving nsw

Postby Hlpme » February 16th, 2019, 4:17 pm

I was done for low range drink driving got 5 months disquilification i was wondering how i get my license back?
Posts: 1
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Re: Drink driving nsw

Postby Aurhett » February 21st, 2019, 9:58 am

Dear Hlpme,

Assuming you were disqualified by a Local Court Magistrate, the only practical way to challenge the disqualification would be by appealing to the District Court.

An appeal must be lodged within 28 days of the date a person was sentenced or within 3 months if the court gives “leave” (permission).

When a person appeals against the sentence received and disqualification of his or her licence (a “severity appeal”) the District Court Judge will re-consider the evidence presented in the Local Court and may set aside the Local Court decision, vary it or dismiss the appeal (confirm the orders of the Local Court).

The appeal date will usually be a few weeks from when the appeal papers are lodged but the disqualification should be “stayed” (suspended) until the appeal is determined.

If you would like to discuss running a Severity Appeal ( https://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/appeals/severity-appeal ) or anything else about your matter please feel free to contact me on (02) 9261 4555.
Aurhett Barrie| Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 35, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Posts: 2
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 9:53 am

Return to Drink Driving News

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users