Drink driving advice needed

Discuss low, medium and high range drink driving penalties, laws, charges and fines.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

Drink driving advice needed

Postby sial » March 11th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Hi,

I was stopped by police last night and was asked to blow, then the police brought me to police station to make another blow.
It was 0.104 grams. This morning I checked the internet 0.104 is quite high offender and might get my license suspended.
This is my first offence.

Please advise what I should do, I need my license to work and for sending kids to school everyday.
Do I need lawyer or just plea guilty? Normally how much the lawyer charge for this case?
Can anyone recommend good and affordable lawyer in Perth?

Thanks.
sial

Re: Drink driving advice needed

Postby TalbotOlivierWA » March 12th, 2012, 10:07 am

Dear Sial, Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, even on a first offence, your licence will be suspended for a minimum of 7 months. The Magistrate has no discretion and must impose a term of disqualification no less than the minimum set out in the Road Traffic Act. You will also receive a fine somewhere between the minimum and maximum limits. In order to give you the best chance of receiving the minimum term, you may wish to engage a lawyer to represent you at court. If you would like to discuss the costs involved, please do give me a call and I can refer you to one of the junior members of my team to help keep your costs to a minimum. We can also give you some advice on the waiting periods and process of applying for an extraordinary drivers licence if you need your licence for work.
Kristine Warman - Senior Associate
Talbot Olivier - Legal Services (Perth, WA)
http://www.talbotolivier.com.au/

T (08) 9420 7100
Level 8 Wesfarmers House 40 The Esplanade Perth WA 6000
TalbotOlivierWA

Re: Drink driving advice needed

Postby sial » March 12th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Dear TalbotOlivierWA,

Thanks for your information and advice.

When possible, please private message me in this forum regarding to the costs involved.

Cheers,
sial

Return to Open Forum