1st Offence High Range DUI

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

1st Offence High Range DUI

Postby kas1973 » March 23rd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Hi, I have been charged with DUI in Perth WA. My reading was 0.169, so a high range reading. My first offense and something I am very remorseful over. I have been automatically disqualified from driving for 2 months as of March 22. I have been given a court date of April 17 when I will be overseas for work. I saw a lawyer and have asked him to attend caught on my behalf, which he will to seek an ajournment for when I am back a week later. He feels that given I have a clean driving record, no past convictions of any kind and have been driving for over 20 years, plus that this is my first offense I will probably get the minimum of 10 months and $900 and then be able to apply for an Extraordinary License for work puroposes (I live 100km from work and work full time, and am the main income earner).
Q.1 [/color] He said that although my disqualification ends on May 22nd I am unlikely to be able to get to court and have amy application for an Extraordinary License heard and approved (if this is the case) to be able to drive to work again before mid July??? Surely he can submit the application on May 23rd and the earliest court date might be 2-3 weeks later- mid June rather than mid July??? What are your thoughts?
Q.2 Also I have the paperwork from the night of the incident and it is stated on the Bail Undertaking that if I did not turn up to court I would be fined $2000. Is this likely to happen?
Q.3 Am I likely to receive additional paperwork in the post or get a visit from a police officer with further details of the incident and court expectations?
Thank you for your assistance.
kas1973

Return to Ask A Lawyer