MID range -Canberra

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

MID range -Canberra

Postby sue » February 7th, 2013, 8:56 am

Hi
can someone please recommend a good lawyer ,my husband has got the mid range reading on dui .we are very worried about getting the conviction charges recorded for future employment..please please guide us on what we should do. he did the biggest mistake in his life and he regrets each and every moment of it .how should we prepare for ACT Magistrate court.
Any advice or suggestion would be helpful????
sue

Re: MID range -Canberra

Postby Beth » February 14th, 2013, 8:34 am

Hi Sue,

Before advising you about the steps you should take to prepare for your husband's Court matter, I first need to know a bit more information.

1. What was his reading?
2. Does he have any other convictions on his record? (even from years ago)
3. Is his licence an issue or are you primarily concerned about the conviction?

It may be easiest to discuss this over the phone. If you would like to ring me, my number is 02 9261 4555.

Beth
Beth Morrisroe | Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/web/pa ... c_law_home

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 5/127 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000
Beth

Postby sue » February 18th, 2013, 8:51 am

Hi Beth,
Thank you for your reply.
1. What was his reading? -reading was 1.119
2. Does he have any other convictions on his record? (even from years ago)-No
3. Is his licence an issue or are you primarily concerned about the conviction? -Mainly concerned about the conviction charges being recorded as he is looking forward to apply for public services jobs.
i am really grateful to you for replying my post
thanks
sue
sue

Postby Beth » February 18th, 2013, 11:46 am

Thank you Sue.

I am assuming that the reading was supposed to read 0.119 (simply because 1.119 would be extraordinary).

In relation to the conviction, I can indicate that the only way to avoid it would be if your husband was granted the leniency of a section 17 non conviction order (a s.10 in NSW). The chances of this, however, are small given the high reading. His lack of previous record will certainly work in his favour.

It would be in his best interests for him to have a solicitor represent him. I am happy to speak to you about representation if you would like to give me a ring on (02) 9261 4555.
Beth Morrisroe | Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/web/pa ... c_law_home

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 5/127 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000
Beth

Return to Ask A Lawyer