Interlock Extension Victoria Australia

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

Interlock Extension Victoria Australia

Postby coffeefarmer1 » October 26th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Will one recorded violation on an interlock device result in the magistrate extending the interlock period ?
The violation reading was .077 in the second month of a 6 month period.
The driving record is only one high level reading 0.177, that resulted in 17 month disqualification and subsequent 6 month interlock period.
coffeefarmer1

Re: Interlock Extension Victoria Australia

Postby Victorian Lawyer » November 1st, 2012, 11:48 am

That will cause an automatic double of the interlock period to 12 months. The bigger problem that you have is that if you were drink driving suspended many Magistrates will be looking at community corrections order or gaol time as the penalty. I would not worry so much about the interlock as the main game is avoiding a bad result on the sentencing for second drink drive.
Bill Doogue | Criminal Lawyer | Doogue & O'Brien
http://www.drink-driving-lawyers.com.au
T (03) 9670 5121
Level 5, 221 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Victorian Lawyer

Re: Interlock Extension Victoria Australia

Postby coffeefarmer1 » November 2nd, 2012, 10:23 am

Thanks Bill.
No drink driving took place as there is an interlock on the vehicle and it didn't start, so that is obviously not a concern.
Also at this stage my client has not confirmed who is the person that attempted to start the vehicle. I believe it may have been a third party that is not subject to an order but who attempted to borrow the vehicle. I will suss this out , as may be possible to source a stat dec from this 3rd party stating that they tried to start the car.
coffeefarmer1

Return to Ask A Lawyer