High Range Drink Driving on P's

Get free legal advice from a lawyer in your state.

Moderators: Victorian Lawyer, Edward80

High Range Drink Driving on P's

Postby katty » October 8th, 2012, 2:28 pm

The other day I got pulled over for not indicating and blew .2 so thats high range and lost my licence immediately. Im female on green P's and normally don't drink drive. I was obviously highly intoxicated and been at a funeral so I was drunk + upset which is not a good mix and wanted to go home so I drove. What will my likely penalty be? I'm planning on getting a good lawyer so hopefully I can keep my licence or not lose it for very long.

Posts: 1
Joined: October 8th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Re: High Range Drink Driving on P's

Postby Beth » October 8th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Hi Katty,

As a starting point, you are looking at a criminal conviction being recorded, a fine and a period of licence disqualification. I would also suggest that a community service order would not be out of range. The automatic period of licence disqualification is 3 years. This can be reduced to as low as 12 months but cannot go below that.

The only way to keep your licence would be if you obtained a section 10 non conviction order. However, I would suggest this is highly unlikely due to the reading. 0.2 is a very high reading and is aggravated by your status as a P2 driver.

I hope this helps! If you would like to have a chat to someone about it feel free to give me a ring on (02) 9261 4555
Beth Morrisroe | Criminal Lawyer | Armstrong Legal
http://www.armstronglegal.com.au/web/pa ... c_law_home

T (02) 9261 4555
Level 5/127 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000
Posts: 16
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Return to Ask A Lawyer

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users